- Truman Doctrine, 1947—U.S. pledges to help oppressed people’s fight communism; Greece and Turkey are given money and both countries become democracies.
- Marshall Plan, 1947—Sought to create European economic recovery to prevent communism from taking hold in Europe.
- Berlin Airlift, 1948-49—U.S. thwarted Soviet blockade of Berlin
- NATO, 1949—Collective security organization to protect Europe of Soviet threat.
- Fall of China, 1949;—Mao Zedong defeats Chang Kai-shek who flees to Taiwan.
- Soviets detonate A-Bomb, 1949
- Korean War, 1950-53—UN forces led by U.S. prevent communist takeover of South Korea.
Truman’s Truman Doctrine, 1947
Muscles Marshall Plan, 1947-48
Brought Berlin Crisis, 1948-49
Nasty NATO, 1949,
China China becomes communist, 1949
Across A-bomb for Soviets, 1949
Korea Korean War, 1950-53