I get two parts indignant, one part rebellious, and one part curious.
Why are you telling me to let you talk?
Here are a list of questions I want to ask when someone tells me to sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up:
1. Are you telling me to shut up because I’m a teenager and therefore naive because I have not lived long enough to experience life?
2. Are you telling me to shut up because I’m a female and therefore do not warrant input because I don’t know what I’m talking about?
3. Are you telling me to shut up because I’m too radical and therefore am making you uncomfortable?
4. Are you telling me to shut up because I’m too feminist and therefore am lesbian, dogmatic, and a man-hater?
5. Do you look down on me for being young and inexperienced?
6. Would you be reacting the same way if I were a man?
7. Are you intimidated by a strong opinion?
8. Are you implying that all is well and good in the world and that the purpose of this debate is
why are we even arguing?
where is the conch shell?